Sunday, March 27, 2011

the last first.

tomorrow is my very last first day of school. only 76 days until graduation. i think i am finally beginning to realize that i'll be leaving seattle in less than three months. and entering the real "grown-up" world. {how did that happen?}

i'm definitely ready to leave behind the paper-writing, text book-reading, and exam-studying. those things i will not miss. and i absolutely look forward to living closer to my family, my oregon friends. no sales tax or horrid traffic. but it will be difficult to leave this city i've fallen in love with. all my wonderful seattle friends. favorite parks, restaurants, and coffee shops.

the ominous job search looms over me. each day i'm becoming more aware of the fact that i will soon have to make some big decisions regarding potential career paths. kind of a lot to think about. i've recently made a conscious decision, though, to not stress myself out over finding a job. i'm grateful to have fantastic friends and family that support me in all that i do. and i have faith that everything will work out. what's meant to be will always find a way.

for now, i plan on having the best last first day of classes ever! {and i'll be crossing my fingers for sunshine...it's about time we get a break from the seattle rain.} i fully intend to spend the next ten weeks enjoying the company of my friends and all that seattle has to offer. starting right NOW.

{first week of school, freshman year.}