Thursday, May 17, 2012

dear stacey.

on may 30, 2008 my high school senior english class and i wrote letters to ourselves, to be read four years later. our teacher collected the sealed and pre-addressed envelopes and promised to mail them to us upon our college graduation.

almost exactly four years later...

{the mysterious envelope...}

{and its contents.}
my letter arrived! so hilarious to read the notes my classmates wrote to me. and even more entertaining to read the note i wrote to myself, excerpt below:

things i hope i've done
(this is a list because i love lists!!)

1. travelled/studied abroad in europe?
2. gotten a job that actually pays a salary (maybe nordstrom?)
3. gotten good grades
4. learned to not be so afraid of heights
5. done something i wouldn't normally do

well, i still love lists. despite the fact i never studied abroad, i plan on living in italy someday. i have a grown-up job, though not in fashion as i once assumed would be the case. i received good grades while at university. i'm still afraid of heights. and i've done lots of things i wouldn't normally do. also, i no longer use the word 'gotten.' it's amazing how much can happen in four years!

 p.s. thank you to my past self for sending me $5 to buy something from starbucks. i know myself so well. ha.